The key for me to getting anything done is being organized. Recently I gave my craft space a thorough clean-out. I had some of my craft supplies in the basement and some upstairs in our office. I have now consolidated everything upstairs and I really love it. These photos show the two shelf areas on either side of the office door.
On the left:
- Closetmaid 3 x 3 cubes from Target contains Girl Scout materials (books and paperwork on two shelves, badges and other loose items in one of the fabric bins), a couple of bins of CDs/DVDs with photos and digital scrapbooking materials, and an oval basket of “mat stacks”.
- The rolling drawer unit on the left came from Home Decorators Collection. It contains ribbons, ink pads, envelopes, extra tape, and other odds and ends.
- On top of the drawer unit is a scrapbook paper shelf from Michael’s, topped by a stack of my current scrapbook projects.
- On top of the cube shelves is a postal scale, “Henry”, and a basket of art markers (Copics plus a few glitter markers)
- On the wall are 3 magnetic panels — I just made these & love them. I will have to add a post about them later. But they hold tins of buttons, brads, eyelets and other embellishments.
On the right:
- Another 3×3 cube holds fabric bins of photos ready to be scrapped, stamp sets, and embossing folders, my Creative Memories tool caddies, my cutters/trimmers, and Sizzix platforms, and two totes where I keep my basic supplies for a quick grab & go for crops.
- On top, my Big Shot, another basket of stamps & dies, and notebooks filled with stamps
- In the corner, my big paper shelves — sorry, don’t recall where they came from, topped by another shelf from Michael’s
- More magnetic panels
- A Creative Memories Everyday Display holding a recent card I made.
- And on the wall – my first ever cross-stitch project
- On the floor — that’s Tasha
The photo below is the large part of my desk, which sits to the right of the photos above. Under the blue fabric with stars is my Pazzles cutter. The baskets contain cards in progress. My laptop and monitor sit to the right side of this photo.